Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the site ‘Shavim – Occupational Rehabilitation NGO.’ The website is managed and operated by the NGO ‘Shavim – Occupational Rehabilitation NGO’ (registered NGO) (hereinafter: ‘Shavim’ or ‘the site operator’ or ‘the NGO’). The use of the website is subject to what is stated in this document. Please read the website’s Terms and Conditions (hereinafter: ‘the Terms and Conditions’).
For reasons of convenience only, what is stated in these Terms and Conditions is stated in the masculine but applies equally to both genders.
A. Use of the site:
1. Use of the site ‘Shavim – Occupational Rehabilitation NGO,’ with its content and the services provided on it, is offered to you, the user, subject to acceptance of all the terms and conditions included in these Terms and Conditions. Surfing on the site and/or registration to receive its services will be deemed to constitute consent by the surfer or user to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to them, please do not use this site.
2. Each surfer and/or user of the site declares that he is aware of the Terms and Conditions of the site and accepts them, and that he and/or anyone acting on his behalf will not have any complaint and/or claim against the owners and/or operators of the site and/or anyone acting on their behalf, except for complaints relating to a breach of express undertakings of the site owners and/or operators under these Terms and Conditions.
3. Only adults who are competent to perform binding legal acts themselves and who lawfully hold a credit card are entitled to use the site’s services.
4. The site may not be used for illegal purposes or as a means thereof.
5. The surfers on the site hereby undertake to refrain from using content of a threatening, hurtful, racist or insulting nature, or any material that is pornographic, of an overtly sexual nature or injurious to public sensibilities.
6. Any use that does not conform with what is stated in these Terms and Conditions constitutes a breach of rights as stated above and may cause financial, economic or other damage to the Shavim NGO and/or the site and/or other parties, and the user undertakes not to breach these rights.
B. Liability for content:
7. The site management will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage, whether financial or otherwise, that will be caused to anyone as a result of the use of and/or reliance on the services and data appearing on the site or the information and content appearing on it.
8. For the avoidance of doubt, it is hereby clarified that the content that appears on the site is approved solely by the site management.
9. The site management will not be liable for information and content that will be published on ‘Shavim – Occupational Rehabilitation NGO’ by third parties or for any consequence that will derive from reliance thereon and/or use thereof.
10. The NGO allows the surfers on the site to donate money for the NGO’s operations through this site by using a credit card for a single payment or a monthly standing order.
11. When making a donation, the donor will be charged an immediate payment for the transaction that he made.
12. When making a donation with a credit card, the card will be checked with the credit card company and the donor will receive an immediate answer about the status of the transaction and whether it was accepted or rejected.
13. The credit card details are transferred on the site or by the clearing company according to standard 1 in an encoded manner with PCI DSS Level technology.
14. If the donation is not approved by the credit card company, the person making the transaction will receive a message to this effect.
15. The sole liability for any error when the person making the transaction enters data will rest with the person making the transaction, and he will be liable for any consequence that may derive from an error in entering the data.
16. No false details should be given. The submission of false information is a criminal offense. A surfer who commits such an offense may be subjected to criminal or civil proceedings.
D. Donation cancellation policy:
17. A donor who made a donation on the website may contact the NGO with a request to change the details of the transaction and/or to cancel the transaction. It is important to know that under the Consumer Protection Law, 1981, it is possible to cancel any transaction that was made on the site within 30 days of the date on which it was made by making a request by email or telephone call.
18. If the credit card company will charge the NGO a commission for the cancellation operation, the person making the operation will be charged the aforesaid commission.
E. Data security and privacy:
19. The NGO has installed data security systems and procedures on the site. These systems limit and reduce the risks of accessing the NGO’s computers without authorization, but do not provide absolute security. Therefore, the NGO does not undertake that the services on the site will be completely immune to unauthorized and/or illegal access to the information stored on it.
20. In cases that are not within the NGO’s control and/or are a result of force majeure, the NGO will not be liable for any damage of any kind, whether indirect or direct, that will be caused to a surfer or donor or anyone acting on their behalf, if such information will be lost or will come into the possession of a hostile party and/or will be used without authorization.
21. The NGO protects the privacy of the users/donors and does not retain their credit card details. However, the NGO will transfer the personal information that you provided and the details that were collected about your activity on the site to third parties in the following cases:
A breach of one of the provisions of the site’s Terms and Conditions.
If there is a dispute, complaint, claim or legal proceeding between you and the NGO and/or anyone acting on its behalf.
In a case where some or all of the operations of the NGO or the site will be transferred to a third party, the NGO will be entitled to transfer to the third party a copy of the information that is stored about you, provided that that entity will take upon itself the provisions of the Terms and Conditions towards you.
F. Intellectual property rights:
22. All the intellectual property rights in the site and the copyright relating to the site, including the design of the site, the arrangement of the content and the software, the symbols of the site, its content, the database and any other material belonging to Shavim (‘the site operator’).
23. The user may use the site content privately and non-commercially subject to these Terms and Conditions. The site content may not be copied or used in any way, including on other websites, in any advertisements and written publications and for any other purpose. For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that surfing on the site does not constitute permission to copy, publish, present in public and/or make any other use of the content and any part thereof, without the NGO’s prior written consent.
G. Advertisers and advertisements on the site:
24. The site operator is not liable for the content of advertisements, ‘banners’ or any advertising material on the site. The liability for this rests solely with the advertisers.
25. The presence of links to other sites does not constitute any undertaking regarding the content of those sites and does not impose any liability whatsoever on the site operator in connection with the aforesaid sites.
26. No information that is false, defamatory, threatening, invasive of the privacy of another, pornographic or illegal may be published on or transferred through the site.
27. The user will compensate and indemnify the Shavim NGO and/or anyone acting on its behalf for any damage that will be caused to the Shavim NGO and/or the site, including for a claim of any third party, as a result of an act and/or omission of the user contrary to the provisions of the law and/or these Terms and Conditions.
28. The site operator reserves the right to take legal action against a user who will breach any of these Terms and Conditions. The site operator may immediately suspend, block or stop the access of a surfer to the site’s service if he breaches any of these Terms and Conditions.
29. The site operator intends that the site and its services will be available at all times. However, the site operator cannot guarantee continuous availability without any bugs or ‘crashes.’ Moreover, the site operator may stop the use of the site from time to time for maintenance and organization purposes. No financial compensation will be given for bugs or stoppages of the service.
30. The site and/or anyone acting on its behalf are not liable for any damage, whether direct, indirect, secondary or consequential, that results from the use of the site and/or its services, exposure to the site, an inability to use the site, the making of a transaction or unauthorized use of the site or a change of the information provided by it, including damage caused as a result of a loss of profit, use and loss of information and other intangible assets, even if the site received notice of the possibility of such losses.
31. The site operator may update any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
J. Law and jurisdiction:
32. The Terms and Conditions will be governed by Israeli law. The competent courts in Tel-Aviv & Jaffa will have jurisdiction.
33. Your use of the site will indicate that you accept the jurisdiction as stated in this agreement and you accept the definition of the jurisdiction as it appears above.
34. If the site management transfers all or some of its rights in the site to a third party, the site management will also be entitled to assign all or some of its rights under these Terms and Conditions.